Elden Ring was published through From Software Inc. And, Bandai Namco Entertainment publishes it in February 2022. Elden Ring is an action-oriented video game. The game has soul-like characters and gaming with amazing graphics in this action-packed fantasy RPG. The supported platforms include PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PS5 and Windows.
However there are some users who have been experiencing a crash on their Windows PC when starting Elden Ring. If you’re also experiencing the same issue, don’t be concerned. Follow this troubleshooting guide in full to resolve the issue.
Solution Elden Ring that crashes during Startup in Windows PC
Many players have complained about the problem. This is why it’s normal to have several factors to be responsible for this problem.
We have also given a few of the reasons below:
High graphic settings Your first concern should be the settings of the game which you’re currently using. It is possible that you are experiencing issues with crashes due to Elden Ring has been set too high for your system.
It can be corrected by reducing the settings, according to the configuration of your PC up to medium or lower. However, if you are having difficulties finding the ideal balance, don’t hesitate to play around.
It turns out that you can restart your Steam launcher could fix the issue. Therefore, restart Steam prior to attempting to launch the game in the event that this issue only started in recent times.
AMD rendering stability:
The chances are that you’ll experience difficulties engaging in Elden Ring if you have an AMD GPU. AMD GPUs are reported to crash more frequently more frequently than Nvidia GPUs.
Evidently, this issue could also be caused by the installation folder of the game. It could be due to the fact that certain game files have been damaged.
If this is the case, it could be the reason for your game’s crashes. But, you can solve the issue by confirming that the game’s data files are in good order through Steam.
The issue is with the Epic Games Launcher:
You might be having Elden Ring crashing issues because of the Epic Games Launcher, even in the absence of playing the game.
Uncertainties between Easy anti cheat launcher as well as the one that is used by the launcher could result in the game’s stop working. To solve this issue, uninstall this launcher. Epic Games Launcher.
Conflicting temp files:
Temporary files on your PC which interferes with your game may result in Elden Ring to fail to function properly. This could be a result of hardware-related or software-related logs.
Additionally, they could alter the rendering of the game. If they are damaged, they could cause the game to cause it to crash. However, this could be corrected by deleting all temp files located in the TEMP and the PREFETCH folders.
The overlay that interferes with Steam:
In the event that the steam overlay is not compatible to the game it can cause this issue.
However, there’s no formal statement that supports this idea. However, we did find users who claimed not to have any new crashes because they had disabled the overlay feature in Steam.
Use of it with the Rivatuner Statistics Server while playing the game is another reason discovered by players.
In some instances this can cause the game to stop working. The issue is fixable by stopping the game’s processes through Task Manager.
Compatible MSI Afterburner software:
to see whether turning off MSI’s Afterburner program could help, you can disable it for a short period of time. According to certain users who have been affected it was the way they resolved their issue with the Elden Ring issue.
The program can be deactivated in this case by putting an end to its work by closing the Task Management.
Elden Ring Crashing in Windows PC 2022
After having identified all the issues Here is a complete an exhaustive list of each method which has been used by other users to fix the issue.
Update Graphic Driver
First, ensure that you’ve updated your graphics driver. This will help you be able to avoid conflicts and improve the performance of your game.
There are two options to update your driver either manually or automatically.
First, you are able to find the driver’s official website. Then, it is able to be installed and downloaded.
You can also let the driver software automatically update it.
Check System Requirements
It is recommended that you verify the game’s system requirements with your PC’s specifications to determine if there’s an issue of compatibility.
Here are the rules to follow in the event that there’s a problem with compatibility or you’re not certain that you’ve met the standards.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core I5-8400 (AMD RYZEN 3 3300X)
- Memory: 12 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1060 3 GB or AMD Graphics: AMD RADEON RX 580 4GB
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 60 GB of space is available space
- Sound Card Sound Card: Windows Compatible Audio Device
Recommended System Requirements for the System:
- OS: Windows 10, 11 and 10.
- Memory: 16GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX GTX 1070 8 GB or AMD GTX 1070 8 GB or AMD RADEON VEGA 56 8GB
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 60 GB of storage space
- Sound Card Sound Card: Windows Compatible Audio Device
Change settings to Medium
The ability to change the graphics settings in games is among the most basic and straightforward things that players would recommend.
The crash issue and the stuttering problems that some gamers experience can be solved by setting these settings back to moderate. This can only be done after having completed the initial screen.
It’s all you must access the settings for graphics if you weren’t experiencing this crash issue before starting play the game. Also, ensure that the settings are adjusted to low or medium.
If this method does not solve the Elden Ring crash problem then consider the other solutions listed below.
Change/Remove Epic Games Launcher
Elden Ring players that haven’t changed your Epic Games Launcher for some time discovered that the game’s Anti-Cheat mechanism isn’t working.
Eldenring.exe is unable to run because of two launcher processes that are running concurrently along with it. However, we don’t have an reason to think of why this happens.
However there are some users who are able to fix the problem of crashes by upgrading or completely the Epic Games Launcher.
Follow these steps to accomplish this:
1. Open Epic Game Launcher and Login.
2. In the upper right corner, click on the icon for your profile.
3. Click on Settings.
4. Click on then the Restart option and then the Update option.
5. Then, run the Elden Ring again to check whether there are any changes.
Try uninstalling and then deleting the entire directory in Epic Games Launcher if it does not work again. Try again.
Or, your antivirus program and Windows Defender might have caused the Elden Ring to crash. Try disabling them and then launch the Elden Ring.
It is possible to restart your Steam application is a second easy fix to try to solve the issue of Elden Ring. Some users have been successful in fixing Elden Ring using this method.
The solution is usually effective when Elden Rings would play and launch without problems.
It’s likely that there’s been an update that was released and you’re still using the previous version, or are enrolled as a Beta participant.
This means that you can only make use of this method if are playing through Steam.
If you aren’t sure how to start Steam then follow these steps:
1. Open Steam first. Next, click on the Steam icon in the lower right corner. Then, click Settings.
2. Click the Change button under Beta participation within the Settings menu after having been in to the Settings menu.
3. After this, expand to the menu drop down. Select Steam Beta Update. And, click OK to apply the changes.
4. The program is now required to be restarted, if you would like it to. Then, select Restart Steam. Then, wait for it to restart.
5. Then, you can open Elden Ring after the app is opened once more. If the game is still not working Try opening it once more.
Verify Game Files
If you experience game crashes, always check your game’s file. Because Elden Ring can crash because the game’s files are not present or damaged.
However, you can correct this issue by checking the authenticity to Your Steam Game files. The steps to follow are:
1. Log in to Steam. Open the Library.
2. After that, right-click on to reveal the Elden Ring. Click Properties.
3. Then, click on the Local Files tab. Select Verify the integrity of the game files.
Then, let Steam check the game’s file for a short period of time. Your problem will be resolved following this.
Make sure to activate Radeon Anti-Lag
It’s not a good idea in the event that you own an AMD GPU and this issue. Since it seems to be that AMD GPUs are responsible for the majority of unexpected crashes on PCs that have Elden Ring.
This quick solution will keep you content up to the point that AMD and From Software cooperate that will make this game suitable for AMD GPUs.
This Radeon software’s Radeon Anti-Lag feature has been identified to solve this crash issue. With this feature, you’ll be able to stop stuttering, lag and crashes.
AMD users will be the only ones eligible to utilize this feature. If you are not eligible for this option, move on to the next procedure below.
Here are the steps you’ll need to follow to activate Radeon Anti -Lag:
1. The first thing to do is start first the Radeon Software program.
2. Select Gaming from the Radeon application tap the three dots. Choose the Add A Game option.
3. Then, find the executable file for Elden Ring. Select it, then click Open.
4. It is now possible to find an Elden Ring icon in the list of games by double-clicking it.
5. After that then all you have to do is click to enable the Radeon Anti-Lag toggle to enable it.
Run the Elden Ring following that. Check whether it is still causing the error.
Disable Steam Overlay
The solution is by turning off the Steam overlays in the game’s settings prior starting the game. A lot of players have had success using this technique.
These steps are to be followed:
1. Click Library in Steam.
2. Choose Elden Ring by right-clicking. Then, click Properties.
3. Click on the tab for general. Also, you can turn off Steam Overlay while in-game by de-ticking on the Enable Steam Overlay box.
Then, restart the game. The issue might be resolved.
Delete DXCache Files
Steam is also proving useful for players to verify the authenticity games files. The game could play after the players deleted the cache files for Nvidia.
The issue is usually caused by an unexpected shutdown of the system or an error that disrupts an update of a game.
Here’s what you should do:
1. The first step is to verify the game’s file by following the steps outlined in the above procedure.
2. Then Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box. Enter “%appdata%” into the box for searching. Then, press Enter and you will be able to access AppData.
3. Click on AppData and you will see the AppData folder appear on your screen.
4. After you are sure that the Local folder is opened After that, you can click on it. Find it in the NVIDIA folder.
5. Navigate through the DXCache folder within the NVIDIA folder.
6. Now is the time to eliminate all the files in the folder.
7. Once you’ve completed this, you must restart your PC. Then, start Elden Ring once your computer has been rebooted to determine whether it continues to crash.
Replace the DLL file in your computer.
It’s obvious that this isn’t an option that is safe however, if you’re without options or close to abandoning the cause, you may think about it.
Take these actions:
1. Navigate to the folder for games. Look for your oo2core_6_win64.dll file.
2. The file oo2core_6_win64.dll must be changed to whatever else.
3. To replace the old version Download oo2core_6_win64.dll and put it in the folder for games.
4. Now, navigate to the game folder , where Elden Ring is installed.
5. And, change the name of start_protected_game.exe.
6. Then, make an identical duplicate of elden_ring.exe.
7. And, rename it to start_protected_game.exe.
Then, verify that the game is working on Steam.
Turn off Afterburner
There’s a chance that the MSI Afterburner application could be the cause of you to experience Elden Ring crashes. There could be an issue between this program and the game that you are using, or the driver you are currently using.
The MSI Afterburner program allows users to increase the speed of their GPU directly through the program. Performance can also be enhanced with this software. Try closing it to figure out if this is the problem.
There is no way to way to disable the option within Afterburner. Afterburner software. Thus, the only way to stop this program is to stop the process from the Task Manager.
Follow these steps for doing so:
1. For opening Task Manager simply hit keys CTRL, Shift and ESC. Search for MSI Afterburner. If it’s available, right-click it then quit the program.
2. Then, close Task Manager once you’ve finished this. Also, try running Elden Ring to see if the game is crashing.
If this error continues to occur then proceed to the next procedure in the next section.
Removing Tempo Files
Many users reported that their computer was keeping temporary files which caused the Elden Ring to crash.
However, by eliminating all the files within the TEMP *, and PREFETCH folders, they were successful in resolving the problem.
Here’s what you should do:
1. Then, open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R. After that you can type TEMP into the search field. Then, click”OK” in order to access your TEMP file.
2. Then, select all files contained in the temp folder. You can then remove the files. Sometimes, you might not be able to erase all files. If this is the case, choose the skip.
3. It is now time to close the folder. Then, you can open a new Run dialog box similar fashion to the one shown earlier. Enter “%TEMP%” in the box. Then, press Enter to open %TEMP%..
4. You can now remove all the files in the %TEMP% folder once it is displayed at the top of your display.
5. The folder will be closed after the files are deleted. In similar fashion to the previous steps, start the Run dialog box. After that, type PREFETCH into the search box. Open it.
6. If you’re within the folder, erase all the files contained within. Then , you can delete the rest of the files. It is possible to skip files that can’t be deleted. That’s it.
Restart your computer once you’ve completed the steps. Also, test the game once it starts and restarts to determine whether the issue is still there.
Switch off Rivatuner Statistics Server
You might experience problems with the crash of Elden Ring if you use the Rivatuner Statistics Server software.
Thus, by disabling this Rivatuner statistics server, you might be able fix the issue if you have used the software previously to boost the performance of your computer.
If you’ve been able to get this error fixed by turning off Rivatuner’s statistics server, be aware that the program doesn’t have an off button.
Thus employing The task Manager can be the sole method to finish the task.
Here are the steps to disable Rivatuner Statistics Server
1. The Task Manager is available via the keyboard by pressing CTRL + Shift and ESC.
2. After that, look for Rivatuner processes in The Task Manager. Then, stop the entire process.
3. Launch the game and discover if this has is causing your crash issues.
This article will explain how to solve the issue of Elden Ring that is crashing during starting up on your PC. Just follow the above steps and you’ll be able solve the issue. Comment below and let us know what methods worked most effectively for you.