The most useful CMD tricks? A hidden Terminal inside Windows is simply amazing! It can be used to hack and secure also. This tool is considered to be the most used tool for windows. However, we believed that it was not made specifically for us. However, it’s not! The Command Prompt Tool (CMD) is an extremely useful tool but many of us don’t know what it is? To clear up all your questions about CMD. We have compiled the list of over 200 CMD Tips, Hacks, and All basics that will assist you in understanding CMD Tool.
The command prompt, also referred to as cmd tricks permits users to perform tasks which aren’t accessible in the GUI of the Windows OS. There are numerous cmd-related tricks you can utilize as tools. Command prompts may be outdated, but they’re quite effective and helpful if you wish to get to a particular destination or to personalize your PC with various options.
Command prompts can be a bit complicated but the positive part is that they cut down on time when making them in a contemporary method. Therefore, we provide some of the most effective commands that you can regularly use to complete this task quickly and quickly.
What is the Command Prompt (CMD)?
Command Prompt popularly known as CMD is the command line interpreter that runs on Windows NT, Windows CE, OS/2, and eComStation operating systems. The reason is that with Command Prompt we could give directions for an procedure that a program is assigned to accomplish a specific task.
How To Open Command Prompt?
Step 1: Click On The ‘Start’ Menu.
Step 2. Enter ‘CMD’ or “Command Prompt in the box for searching.
Step 3. Click The CMD as shown in the image.
Click Windows Key + R that will bring up the Run window. In the Run window, you’ll have to enter CMD and then press Enter.
List Of CMD Tricks & Hacks Of 2022 (Command-Prompt Tricks)
1. Getting assistance
This trick is suitable for beginner as well as experienced users as there’s plenty I’ve learned from this technique. This trick lets you find the information for almost every command you type into the prompt for commands. The information you get will tell you the purpose of the command and what procedure is employed as well as an example. For this trick to work you must enter “/?” after the commands that contains the details you want.
#2 Use of Function Keys
The function keys are F1, F2 and F2, F3… until F9. Specific functions are assigned to each function key. The function of each function key is detailed below:
F1 Key paste: This function key pastes each character in the last time that it was executed the function.
F2: You may use this key function to paste the command you used last to a particular command character.
3. Paste your command that was last used by using this key function.
F4: Delete command with only an identified command character by using this key function.
F5: This key pass was the last time we used the command, without going through the cycle.
F6: Paste Z by using this key function.
F7: This key lists previously executed commands.
F8: This key pastes cycles-able commands.
F9: This key allows you to paste instructions from the lists of recent executed commands.
#3 To Copy Data From Command Prompt
You can’t copy directly from the command by using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C. To copy information at the command prompt click right-click anywhere in the window. Then select’mark in the drop-down box. Select the data you would like to copy, and then press Enter to copy the selected part. The keyboard shortcut for copying and paste information is available for Windows 10. Windows 10.
#4 Check IP Address Of Any Website
Finding the IP address of a specific website isn’t an issue. What you have to enter “nslookup” command, along with the name of the site. As an example, below is a box cmd trick will provide you with an IP address for the iterd.com website.
#5 Execute Different Commands in an Order
There are tricks that you can quickly perform commands one after the other. It is necessary to place “&&” in between two commands in order to perform them one after the other.
#6 Scan the System Files
Repairing and scanning your system’s files is simple with using the Command Prompt. Simply enter “sfc/scannow” and press enter. The scanning will start immediately and will either fix the documents or provide details on any issues you may encounter.
#7 Create Permanent Folders
The creation of permanent folders is done with commands. It is necessary to add the edge of the disk where you want to create the folder and press enter. Your final string should read something similar to “D Md Con: md con”.
This new file will then be named using the identical name. The permanent folder can be removed using the command prompt. To do this, you will need to replace “md con” to “rd con” or “md LPT1” by substituting “rd LPT1” and press enter.
#8 Compare And Check The Difference
With commands, you can use command prompts to compare text files to see the differences. To accomplish this, use the “FC” in order to open the directories of the two text files. You can use the following command to compare multiple files. Each line should look similar to this “fc nameoffirstfile.txt nameofsecondfile.txt”. This command will give an output with the names of both files on the left side and a list of the lines that are common between those two records. If both files show no difference , then the command will display the message that is “no differences observed”
#9 Encrypt files using Command Prompt
Encrypting sensitive information is an extremely helpful tool for command prompt. It is more of a way to restrict your personal information to you. With the help of the command prompt you can easily encode the files on your PC. To do this, you’ll first have to switch the working directory of your computer to the one where your files reside. This can be done with”cd” or the “cd” command, and after that the command “Ciper /E” and pressing enter. After this, all files in the folder will be secured.
It is essential that you create your account with a password or else, the encryption won’t be of any benefit. The encrypted files will be accessible normally from your account however it will not be accessible from any other account.
#10 Create a WiFi Hotspot
By using the command prompt, you can establish an WiFi hotspot on your computer and, as a result, share the internet connection with other devices in your vicinity and without the use of any third-party apps. The steps to setup the WiFi hotspot include:
Step 1: Type the command “netsh hostname set hosts network mode to allow ssid=HotspotName key” at the command prompt. You can then enter any name you want instead of ‘HotspotName’ as your hotspot and ‘Password’ along with an distinct password that you have chosen and press Enter to save modifications.
Step 2: To announce the WiFi hotspot, be required to enter “netsh host network wlan begin” at the command prompt, so that all devices around you are able to connect to your hotspot.
Step 3: To end your WiFi hotspot, you’ll need to use the command “netsh hostnetwork stop wlan”. This will end broadcasting. If you would like to resume the broadcasting, you’ll need to repeat the step 2 again.
11 Shut Down Computer With CMD
Best CMD Tips, Tricks, and Hacks. You can also turn off your computer with commands. Enter the following command in at the prompt for command.
- for Shutdown: shutdown
- For Restart For Restarting: shut down –r
- To Logoff For Logoff: shut for logoff: shutdown
#12 Netstat CMD Command 2022
Netstat is yet another excellent CMD Command Netstat is a vital tool to determine the person who is connecting to your computer. Netstat’s output will give you with the details of the current connection and ports for listening. Use the attributes below to run this CMD:
1. -a (display all connections).
2. -n (sorts connections in numerical order).
3. “-b” (display the executable names. it is the name of the browser.)
Best CMD Tricks & Hacks Of 2022 (200+ CMD Commands Latest)
1. Accessibility Controls access.cpl | Top CMD Tips
2. Accessibility Wizard – accwiz
3. Add Hardware Wizard hdwwiz.cpl
4. Add/Remove Programs appwiz.cpl
5. Administrative Tools – Control admintools
6. Automatic Updates – wuaucpl.cpl
7. Bluetooth Transfer Wizard – fsquirt
8. Calculator – – calc
9. Certificate Manager – certmgr.msc
10. Character Map – Charmap
11. Check Disk Utility – chkdsk
12. Clipboard Viewer Clipboard Viewer
13. Command Prompt – cmd
14. Component Services – dcomcnfg
15. Computer Management Computer Management compmgmt.msc
16. Control Panel – control
17. The properties of Date and Time Time and Date Properties timedate.cpl
18. DDE Shares – DDEshare
19. Device Manager – devmgmt.msc
20. Direct Troubleshooter X (dxdiag)
21. Disk Cleanup Tool Cleanmgr
22. Disk Defragment – dfrg.msc
23. Disk Management – diskmgmt.msc
24. Disk Partition Manager – diskpart
25. Display Properties – control desktop
26. Display Properties – desk.cpl
27. Dr. Watson System Troubleshooting Utility Dr. Watson System Troubleshooting Utility
28. Driver Verifier Utility – verifier
29. Event Viewer Event Viewer eventvwr.msc
30. Tools for Transferring Settings and Files – Migwiz
31. File Signature Verification Tool – sigverif
32. Findfast – findfast.cpl
33. Firefox – – firefox
34. Folders Properties – Control folders
35. Fonts – Control Fonts
36. Fonts Folder – Fonts
37. Free Cell Card Card Game – freecell
38. Game Controllers – joy.cpl | Best CMD Commands 2021
39. The Group Policy Editor (for Professional XP) (for xp professional) gpedit.msc
40. Hearts Card Game – mshearts
41. Help and Assistance Help and Support
42. HyperTerminal HyperTerminal
43. Iexpress Wizard – iexpress
44. Indexing Service – ciadv.msc
45. Internet Connection Wizard – icwconn1
46. Internet Explorer – iexplore
47. Internet Properties – inetcpl.cpl
48. Keyboard Properties – control keyboard
49. Local Security Settings Local Security Settings secpol.msc
50. The Local User and the Groups lusrmgr.msc
51. Then Logs You Out Of Windows – logoff
52. Malicious Software Removal Tool – mrt
53. Microsoft Chat Winchat
54. Microsoft Movie Maker – moviemk
55. Microsoft Paint – Mspaint
56. Microsoft Syncronization Tool mobsync
57. Minesweeper Game – winmine
58. Mouse Properties – Control the mouse
59. Mouse Properties Mouse Properties main.cpl
60. Netmeeting-related conf
61. Network Connections – Control netconnections
62. Network Connections ncpa.cpl
63. Network Setup Wizard netsetup.cpl
64. Notepad – notepad
65. Object Packager – packager
66. ODBC Data Source Administrator – odbccp32.cpl
67. On Screen Keyboard – osk
68. Outlook Express – msimn
69. Paint – Pbrush
70. Password Properties – password.cpl
71. Performance Monitor Perfmon perfmon.msc
72. Performance Monitor – Perfmon
73. Telephone and Modem Option telephon.cpl
74. Phone Dialer – dialer
75. Pinball Game Pinball
76. Power Configuration – powercfg.cpl
77. Printers and Faxes, control printers
78. Printers Folder – Printers
79. Regional Settings Regional Settings intl.cpl
80. Registry Editor – regedit
81. Registry Editor – regedit32
82. Remote Access Phonebook RASPHONE – Remote Access Phonebook
83. Remote Desktop – mstsc
84. Removable Storage ntmsmgr.msc
85. Removeable Storage Operator Requests ntmsoprq.msc
86. The Resultant Set of Policies (for professional XP) — rsop.msc
87. Cameras and scanners sticpl.cpl
88. Scheduled Tasks – control schedtasks
89. Security Center Security Center wscui.cpl
90. Services services services.msc
91. Shared Folders Shared Folders fsmgmt.msc
92. Shuts down Windows – shut down
93. Audio and Sound Music and Sounds mmsys.cpl
94. Spider Solitare Card Game – spider
95. SQL Client Configuration – cliconfg
96. System Configuration Editor – Sysedit
97. System Configuration Utility msconfig
98. System Information – Msinfo32
99. System Properties System Properties sysdm.cpl
100. Task Manager – taskmgr
101. TCP Tester TCP Tester
102. Telnet Client – telnet
103. User Account Management User Account Management nusrmgr.cpl
104. Utility Manager Utman
105. Windows Address Book – wab
107. Windows Explorer – explorer.
108. Management of Boot Configuration Data using BCDEDIT
109. Editing Boot Settings – – bootcfg
110. Encrypting or decrypting Folders/files – encryption
111. Clearing the screen Clearing the screen
112. Management of stored usernames/passwords using cmdkey
113. Color Change CMD Color CMD Color
114. The compression of one or several files to compress
115. Converting FAT drives into NTFS Converting FAT drives to NTFS
116. Delete files – del
117. Deleting User Profiles – delprof
118. The list of files and folders that are listed.
119. Displaying Message on Screen Echo
120. The deletion of any or all files erase
121. Windows are opened Explorer – – Explorer
122. Formatting a disk : format
123. Knowing the extension of a file – Ftype
124. Showing an Mac Address – getmac
125. Online help – support
126. The host name is displayed – – hostname
127. Editing disc label – label
128. Log off a user – logoff
129. You can get a logtime in a file , logtime
130. Making .cab files Makecab
131. New folders can be created using Md
132. Opening Windows Installer – msiexec
133. managing the resources of the network net
134. Being aware of the permissions granted to the user – perms
135. Test a network connection to a network. Ping
136. Printing a text document – print
137. Shutdown computer – Psshutdown
138. Free disk space checking – – freedisk
139. Be aware of the volume and file tools such as fsutil
140. File transfer protocl, ftp
141. The space in diskuse folders.
142. The deletion of a folder as well as the subfolders
143. Importing or Exporting Active Directory information using CSVDE
144. Displaying the resulting set of Policy details – – gpresult
145. Update the Group policy settings Gpupdate is the command to update the Group policy settings.
146. Replacing files that are currently used by the OS – in use
147. Comparing two files Files
148. Locating a text string within an archive file. Find
149. Searching for strings in the file – findstr
150. Displaying the usage of memory – mem
These were among the top commands or cmd tips that can be used to utilize Windows in a unique and different method. Additionally, you’ll be able to access several of the most powerful customizations. If we’ve not included any stunning cmd trucks that could be mentioned tell us in the comment section. Please also let us know what cmd trick you enjoy most from our List.