Good outdoor lighting can serve not only as a practical function but with a good design; it can enhance the home’s architectural details. Bollard lights are very classy and provide the necessary illumination to let you enjoy your home space. This article discusses the bollard types of outdoor lighting and their benefits.
What is Bollard Lighting?
A bollard light is an outdoor fixture that is fixed to a bollard. A bollard is a post traditionally used for tying up the ships on the docks. It safeguards the ships from sailing away into the ocean. Bollards come in various shapes; they can be round, square, rectangular, or cylindrical. The bollards’ upper and lower compartments are removable to facilitate fixing; they are made primarily of stainless steel or cast aluminum in a few cases.
As a modern adaption, bollard posts are also used as outdoor lighting solutions. Concrete bollard lighting is a type seen on the roadside. It facilitates an improved vision for pedestrians and drivers. The light is emitted from the top or the sides of the bollard. A light shield is added to the bollard, ensuring the lighting distribution evenly in all directions.
Application of Bollard Lighting
Bollard lights have the following uses:
- They are used for illuminating pathways, sideways, and parking lots.
- They are used to illuminate outdoor spaces of homes for safety as well as decorative purposes.
Benefits of Installing Bollard Lighting
The benefits of using bollard lighting are:
- Simple to install and use.
- Save up to 80% of the power supply.
- Have low maintenance.
- Have a lifespan of 45,000 hours.
- Have a high lumen-to-watt ratio, which makes them a cost-effective choice.
- Create luminous paths, which give an aesthetic look.
- Consume less energy, which in turn reduces carbon dioxide emissions, and are hence environmentally friendly.
- Improve safety, as they bring about clarity in vision.
- Help avoid accidents, such as tripping or falling from the stairs.
- Enhance the architectural details of the home.
How to Install Bollard Lighting
Installing bollard lights is very simple and easy. Installation takes very little time and can be done by oneself. The steps to install bollard lighting are as follows:
- Step 1: Install the anchor bolts into the screw-fixing plate. This is done for accurate positioning of the anchor bolts.
- Step 2: Set the anchor bolts into the concrete flooring. Ensure that the screw-fixing plate is at the same level as the floor.
- Step 3: Next, place the base plate templates on the anchor bolts and make sure they are correctly positioned.
- Step 4: Install the base plate templates on the screw-fixing plate with the help of nuts. Ensure all the nuts are tight so that all the fixtures stay in place.
- Step 5: Now, connect the supply lines from the conduit to the fixture wires as accurately as possible. Do not, in any way, dim the cord to a high voltage, as this will fail the dimming function.
- Step 6: Lastly, install the bollard onto the base plate template. Secure the bollard with screws and ensure to tighten them well.
No matter the purpose for which you require the bollard lighting solution, make sure it meets your needs and enhances the view of your outdoor home space. Several leading brands provide innovative bollard lighting and decorative solutions that will enhance the architectural details of your home. An outdoor lighting solution company caters to modern requirements in the most cost-effective way.